Friday 28 March 2014

Exhaustion begins to grip...

I confess I'm totally exhausted already and we haven't even started the weekend run yet! My back is seriously stiff and my knee is killing me and A is dead on her feet...but the show must go on.

Today started with a trip to wonderland - well a barn in Flamstead anyway,  where Susie G's events company keep their stores. We left with loads of goodies for the theatre - Gatsby-style boards, chandeliers, VIP ropes. The theatre should look fantastic and we're very grateful to the hugely generous Mrs G.

And from then it's been absolutely relentless - printing 8ft posters using A4 paper which have to be stuck together, running orders for the shows backstage, burning CDs, creating a sound effect of a zebra being attacked by a lion, ironing hundreds of t-shirts, digging in the garage for the last prop or two, cutting sticks into wands, printing certificates, packing stuff into boxes, ticking off lengthy checklists, delivering everything to the theatre etc etc

And then the final blow - I've printed 130 programmes upside down. I think I'm going to cry. I'm sure I'll feel better after a good night's sleep. And a few Paracetamol. And a glass of wine.

But it will be brilliant tomorrow. We've got an excellent crowd in and a packed programme. Finally for today here's a picture of the SandPit team trying out one of our props for tomorrow.


I'll be blogging and tweeting from the theatre tomorrow. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment